Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Return Pt. 2 - The Wines...

In an effort to catch up and fill in the gaps between August and January, I have added the noted I’ve taken during that span. Like I said, I didn’t stop drinking good wine…I just took a brief hiatus from posting. Many of these notes have come from my “little black book”, a small leather bound book which I bring to the dining room table when opening a some great (by my taste) wine that we’ll be sharing for dinner.

I’d say the tastiest wine to make it into those pages over the past 5 months has been 2000 Chateau Pipeau from St. Emilion, suggesting that with some decanting, a good 2000 Bordeaux has the potential to blow you away without waiting forever for them to age.

Check out the wine’s I’ve added by checking them out via the Wine Index.

Beni di Batasiolo Barbaresco – 2000 (Piedmont)
Chateau Bourgneuf - 1994 (Bordeaux-Pomerol)
Chateau Coufran – 2003 (Bordeaux – Haut Medoc)
Chateau Lafayette Reneau – Dry Riesling – 2005 (Finger Lakes)
Chateau Pipeau St. Emilion Grand Cru – 2000 (Bordeaux – St. Emilion)
Chateau Ste. Michelle - Canoe Ridge Merlot – 2000 (Washington St.)
Clos du Marquis – 1996 (Bordeaux – St. Julien)
Layer Cake Shiraz – 2005 (Australia)
Loimer Gruner Veltliner – 2005 (Austria)
Merry Edwards Russian River Valley Pinot Noir – 2002 (Sonoma)
Mont Gras Syrah “Limited Edition” – 2003 (Chile)
Perrin & Fils Vacqueyras – Les Christins – 2004 (Rhone Valley)
Sea Smoke Southing Pinot Noir – 2004 (Santa Barbara)
Stonestreet Merlot – 2002 (Napa Valley)
Torrione Petrolo – 2001 (Tuscany)
Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva – 2003 (Tuscany)
Yellow Tail Riesling – 2006 (Australia)

No comments: