Monday, April 24, 2006

2003 Belle Glos Pinot Noir “Clark & Telephone Vineyard” (Santa Barbara)


The 2003 Belle Glos Pinot Noir “Clark & Telephone Vineyard” is from the Santa Maria Valley in Santa Barbara.

The wine is light red in color with a cedar and tobacco aroma. As for the fruit, it’s a jammy wine with strawberry and red cherry. It’s a bit hollow on the palate with a medium finish.

Wine Spectator gave this wine a somewhat harsh score of 77 out of 100. While I don’t know if I would have given it a 77 were I a professional wine taster, I do agree that overall this wine is a lacking when compared to some of the other Central Coast Pinots I’ve tasted.

Sherry Lehmann carries this for $40 and at that price, I’d look elsewhere. There are too many other good Pinots competing for our dollars to make me want to give this one another try although it may improve with some bottle age.

No comments: